In pursuit of a cohesive, proactive and sustainable procurement function, which works to the benefit of our customers and our suppliers; the following strategic principles for procurement have been established:
- A safe, resilient and sustainable supply chain - responsive , future proofing and adaptable to meet our internal and external customers’ requirements and our changing business needs, promoting safe practices.
- Facilitating growth –best in class market leaders, enhancing our market reputation and proactively seeking new opportunities and innovation
- Driving value and challenging for benefit - maximising value and efficiencies; minimising costs.
- Fit for purpose - right quality services, works or goods at the right time in the right place with suppliers consistently performing to the right standard and promoting safety.
- Accessible and accountable - Easy to do business for internal and external users with while promoting good governance and auditable data. Effective performance management and reporting enables informed decisions across the business.